February 25, 2009

O Nashville, My Nashville

February 25, 2009
I like Nashville (the one in TN of course). It's a nice place to live despite the lack of snow in winter and the ridiculous humidity in summer. Since it's almost March, the daffodils and irises are about to bloom. Maybe they're already in bloom, I don't know. What I do know, is that I love daffodils and I won't get to see any for another 2 months. :(

So, for all my Nashville friends and family (or those of you planning a visit to Nashville), here's a little list of places I miss. If you have a chance, go by and boost their business. I know I'd love to. Oh, and thank our Creator God when you see a beautiful daffodil or one of those deep purple irises. They're gorgeous!

1) Cancun Mexican Restaurant (can we say 'Jim Nachos with rice'?)
2) Pancake Pantry (yummy sweet potato pancakes!)
3) Calypso Cafe (um, coconut muffins and fruit tea, what else to say)
4) Las Paletas (popsicles have never been this cool or tasty)
5) Fido's (it's just fun)
6) Barbecue (my favorites are Whitt's and Famous Dave's, I know they're quite different)
7) Sonic ( I love their strawberry limeade)

I could keep going but 7 is the perfect number, right? :)

So, what are some places you love in Nashville?

P.S: I purposely listed only restaurants. You really don't want me to get started on stuff like The Ryman, Edwin Warner Park, Hillsboro Village, or Antioch :)

8 comments:

sjm556 said...

Natalie! I love this post! I love all the places you listed, and I'd like to add Bread and Company and The Food Company to the list. And I prefer Mazatlan over Cancun, but they're basically the same, so no worries. The temperature here is in the 40's/50's today, btw, so the daffodils will be blooming before too long! Nashville misses you, too!

Natalie said...

Steph, you're very right, Bread & Co and The Food Company are both great. I love the fruit tea at B&C and the chicken salad at The FC. As for Mazatlan and Cancun, I'm not even going there.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo sad! My favorite is now gone!!! GOLDIES IS GONE! My favorite flowers are daffodils, they make me smile!

Unknown said...

My daffodils have green shoots--but no flowers yet. They'll be here before Bible Conference and I promise to think of you when I see them. I also think of Vicki Phillips because she shared her bulbs with me when she moved.
Love you lots!

bethany said...

I will be in Nashville week sister and I will miss you! I like all of the places on the list, except that I have not had the pleasure of enjoying a Paletas popsicle yet. One of my favorite places would now have to be The Big Bang :-) I also have a soft spot for Carabba's. I miss you and I love your blog soeurette!

Emily White Youree said...

Come to Fort Worth--the irises and the daffodils are in full bloom! I do miss NashVegas too. I miss the Ryman, the simple roadways (yes, compared to Texas, Nashville makes loads of sense), Sunset Grill, the large lots, and on and on. But what I miss the most? My friends and family. Sniff, sniff.

sjm556 said...

Yes, Beta, The Big Bang is also towards the top of my list! Can't believe I forgot it!

Anonymous said...

Forget the nachos at Cancun, you can't really pass up the all you can eat buffet on Sunday.
BBQ - BarBCutie all the way for me.
I 3rd B&C. And the fruit tea..
I can't say that they are Nashville specific, but I really miss McAlisiters (and their sweet tea.. heck, sweet tea in general for crying out loud!) and Zaxby's.
The Food Company though...I have never heard of it.

Also, will you (or any of your other family) be in Nashville for 4th of July? We (at least Lilly and I) are going to try to come down for the week.

 
Bumbershoot Lane. Design by Pocket