I decided to distract myself yesterday by creating a playlist of music that takes me right back to the late 80s and 90s. I can't even tell you how fun or addictive it was. So, for those of you who lived through banana clips, parachute pants, trapper keepers, and Lisa Frank, I hope you'll enjoy.
Disclaimer: This list is neither exhaustive nor limited to one genre. It goes from Shania to Nirvana, Michael W. Smith to NKOTB (all the girls are sayin', yeah, I know what NKOTB is). By the way, you can press the 'pop-out player' button to open the playlist in a new window.
P.S: What are some songs you'd include on your own 'Old School' mix?
February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I recently bought MC Hammer's Greatest Hits - I only remembered three songs, but they were great.
That's great! I definitely remember 'Can't Touch This.'
I am not even going here...these things never have the genres I like...heavy metal polka for example. And I am a bit despondent because I knew NKOTB.
The Ninker
Neil, you are too much. Sometimes I think I know what you'll say but then you always exceed my expectations. :) I'll see what I can find by way of heavy metal polka...or maybe I'll just find some Mountain Heart for you. :)
You would HAVE to put Brian Adams at the top of the list, wouldn't you?
:)
Mandy, I loved Bryan Adams (notice the past tense). Everything I do and Whitney Houston's "I will Always Love You" were definitely top of the heap in terms of love songs. :)
I would have to add "Breakfast At Tiffanys" by Deep Blue Something...it always makes me feel like I'm back in 1st grade riding the school bus.
Wow, believe it or not Jen, I actually had 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' on my original playlist. I took it off because I felt I had way too many songs on there (and I wasn't sure how many people would resonate with it).
Oh my friend these songs made me laugh! I have an 80's playlist that I listen to while I shovel snow. Those songs are probably all before your time though. (Something About You by Level 42, Biggest Part of Me by Ambrosia, Waiting for a Girl Like You by Foreigner, etc). Hope you're doing well and thanks for posting your playlist! I may have to update mine to include some of these oldie's but goodies :-)
Lisa Frank . . . . I used to LOVE that stuff!
Post a Comment