March 22, 2009

How Long, O LORD?

March 22, 2009
Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been a bit busy lately with nothing interesting to say, I'm afraid. I've also been anxiously waiting for the weather to go from this:

To this:


Those icicles were hanging outside my bathroom window just a few weeks ago. The beautiful beach picture was taken at Magnolia beach last summer. So right now I'm stuck in the in-between stage. It's not feeling quite like winter but definitely not spring weather either.

In this way, the LORD reminds me (again) that I'm always living between two worlds. I have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of God's beloved Son (Col. 1:13). While I'm saved from God's wrath and redeemed from sin, I still war with my sinful nature. May the LORD help me to fully trust in the good work which Christ has begun in me and the promise of full restoration ahead. God grant me the ability to live now in light of that promise.

For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
~Romans 8:22-25

3 comments:

Shelly said...

PS - I'll do a sunshine prayer for South Hamilton. Until then, boast in the blessing of the fulfilling DD coffee to warm one's epidermis ;)

Anonymous said...

it officially starts getting warmer when Jana leaves. Its a mean joke

Natalie said...

Shelly, thanks for the sunshine prayer. You know DD is a plus, but it's usually because of the company, not the coffee.

Jana, I'm hoping that the weather gets warmer BEFORE you leave. :)

 
Bumbershoot Lane. Design by Pocket