
I was thinking today about how blessed I am in my friendships. I have such wonderful friends all over the world. I remember thinking when I arrived at Gordon-Conwell that I would surely make friends but they wouldn't necessarily be deep and lasting relationships. After all, I already had great friends, particularly in Nashville (so Em's in Fort Worth now and Misti's in Smyrna, but whatever). Well, I'm very thankful to the Lord that I was wrong. He's blessed me with such wonderful friends here at GCTS, which is far above what I ever expected. So, while I could write a tribute to many people (watch out, you might be next!), today is about Teal.
Teal's heading to Memphis this summer (which is great) and leaving me here quite lonesome (not so great). Here are some things I love about her and will greatly miss.
1) Dunkin Donuts is a must for Teal, she pretty much always has an iced coffee with sugar and extra cream in hand. Sometimes it's raspberry flavored, yuck!
2) She wears red rubber boots boldly (might I add that they're quite practical).
3) She starts many sentences with "I mean..."
4) She's passionate about the Church's role in adoption and racial reconciliation.
5) She's one of the funniest people I know.
6) Though she's hilarious herself, she laughs at pretty much everything I say. (Thanks friend!)
7) She's open and honest.
8) She feels deeply and thinks in big picture ways.
9) She's a faithful friend who speaks the truth in love.
10) She drinks diet Pepsi...a lot of diet Pepsi
Teal, thanks for being my friend. You truly are a blessed gift from God. I've told you before and I'll say it again, I hope you do marry someone whose last name is a farm animal noise.
6 comments:
Natalie what a great idea...this was a joy to read! Teal is so great (and so are you!). The Lord has blessed us in this area...
Aren't you supposed to be in class right now, Jen? Hmm...
:)
Miss you. Hope you're visiting in August.
i mean...how sweet are you?? you make it so easy to be a friend...i enjoy you so much. i just love you, girl.
This is great! I love Teal, too. :)
I mean...
HAHA! You nailed it. :) I'm gonna miss Teal.
Natalie, when we were moving here I had a number of post-seminary friends tell me that you meet life-long-friends through seminary. I think they're right. Glad you found that here as well.
Post a Comment