So my roommate Sharon (pronounced SharN since she's from Northern Ireland) celebrated a birthday this week. She's honestly been one of the greatest blessings in my life this past year. I'm so thankful the Lord has shown such kindness to me through her friendship.
Here are a few ways my vocabulary may have changed because of Sharon:
1) The word "wee" is definitely a standard now, I use it way too often (e.g. 'look at that wee thing' or 'I think I'll have a wee cup.')
2) "What's the crack?" Which translated meaneth "What's going on?"
3) Boom roasted (this is actually a sad americanism which she uses with much glee.)
4) The loo
5) Oh aye!
Sharon, thanks for being a great roomie, a thoughtful encourager, a spiritual mentor (indeed you have been!), a fun and relaxing friend. You give me great joy (even when I don't show it).
So Happy Birthday again!! May you live long in the land!
2 comments:
the first thing SharN ever said to me was "Loiterin' in the Corridors are we?" Which translated means "Hanging out in the hallway huh?"
I'm glad I've met SharN and know who you're talking about! Question though....what on earth is 'boom roasted'?
I love you sister!
Post a Comment