For this special occasion, I've decided to come up with a list of 10 things I love about my mom. I specifically limited this to things about her, not things that she's taught me or ways in which she's influenced me. 'Cause we all know that could take a while...
So Mom, Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you. :( I hope this list makes you smile, and maybe even tear up just a little... I love you.
The Top 10 Things I love About MY Mom:
10. She’s a bargain shopper (coupon cutter, yard saler, and bargain finder extraordinaire)
9. She’s a good cook (wish I were eating some or her chili right now)
8. She’s inquisitive and will always find an answer to her questions, or mine for that matter (watch out Google!)
7. She’s persistent and tenacious (she should have been a detective or anything that requires diagnosis). This comes in very handy when dealing with the annoying things of life such as talking to doctor's offices or insurance companies.
6. She enjoys laughing, particularly with her kids/grandkids (btw I think she and her brother always look a lot alike when they laugh)
5. She's hospitable and enjoys having people in her home.
4. She’s generous and enjoys giving to others (especially to her children!) .
3. She could be a boy scout, because she’s always prepared (and I don’t mean prepared in the nick of time, I mean prepared way in advance of things)
2. She loves her family deeply.
1. She loves Jesus.
(Mother and daughters--not the best picture ever, but the best I have on hand).
3 comments:
I love things like this...what a sweet post for you mom. I always enjoy being around your mom.
I love this friend. And all I can hear in my head is your Mom going ' What are you doing?' lol
This was really beautiful and a wonderful way to celebrate your Mom's uniqueness. Thanks for posting this.
By the way, I went to Olive Garden the other day with Clint & Lynette Morgan, Robert & Judy Bryan, and David & Annette Aycock. Kiley & I laughed when we got the Andes mints and thought of you.
Miss you much,
April
a.k.a. your twin ;)
Post a Comment