During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel-and God knew.
~Exodus 2:23-25
~Exodus 2:23-25
As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.
For he knows our frame;
he remembers that we are dust.
~Psalm 103:13-14
so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.
For he knows our frame;
he remembers that we are dust.
~Psalm 103:13-14
How encouraging to know that our God is a God who knows, remembers, and is faithful to act. God’s memory is not like our memory (meaning we have the potential to forget). God doesn’t forget who his children are, what condition they’re in, or that they are ultimately frail and sinful creatures. We can rest assured that the one who ‘knows our frame’ and knows that ‘we are dust,’ also knows how to care and provide for us.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
~Psalm 103:1
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
~Psalm 103:1
2 comments:
I promise not to comment on every entry. I have been moved of late by the truth of Ps. 139 and the Father's level of understanding of who we are and what our behaviors will be. I have a theological question about some of my thoughts on "fearfully and wonderfully made" though so I will email you my rambling thoughts to let my favorite theologian respond...I can't wait for the book.
Neil, if you think I'm a theologian and that I'm working on a book, then you're crazier than I thought. Should you really be a psychologist?
Post a Comment